Your Personal Information and the Role of the Chamber
Collection and Disclosure Statement
Irvington-nj.com understands that your privacy is important to you.
In its capacity the Irvington-nj.com collects personal information. Such information may include but is not limited to your business name, your name, address, telephone and facsimile numbers, e-mail address and business activity. The primary purpose of collection of personal information is to allow Irvington-nj.com to inform you of its various activities and provide information on business related issues which would be of interest to the business community. The FTC Act governs the collection, use and disclosure of you personal information. Irvington-nj.com is bound by the Privacy Principles set out in the privacy legislation.
We will only use and disclose information about you in ways that are related to the reason we collected the information and which you would reasonably expect to happen. We will take reasonable steps to check that at the time we collect your information that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Irvington-nj.com will use your information for certain purposes including but not limited to the following purposes:
- Your personal information may be disclosed to staff (only) of Irvington-nj.com;
- Include details of your personal information in listings of active members on the website;
- Distribute information to you via mail or facsimile or e-mail on function and events;
- Provide information to you via mail or facsimile or e-mail on business issues and events which would be of interest to the business community at large;
- Distribute notices to you via mail or facsimile or e-mail related to meetings;
- Distribute any newsletters to you via mail or facsimile or e-mail;
- Provide information to you via mail or facsimile or e-mail on any concessions or discounts which Irvington-nj.com has been able to secure for its members;
- Distribute information on business seminars or conferences which are supported by Irvington-nj.com.
In accordance with the FTC Act and subject to the compliance with the requirements of Irvington-nj.com, you may be sent material (including marketing material) approved by the Executive Committee in addition to general communications. For any query in relation to the above or to elect not to receive marketing material, you can contact Irvington-nj.com.
Under the National Privacy Principles, you can access the personal information that we hold about you and you can obtain more information about how Irvington-nj.com manages your information. You have the right to request that we correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to do so, please contact us.